As you all know that it is very important to have your phone number or Gmail ID to log in to Amazon account because without them you cannot log in to Amazon account.
Sometimes we have to change our phone number in Amazon when we switch to a new number or when the phone is stolen or due to any other reason. For this, you do not need to worry at all.
Changing the phone number in Amazon account is very easy, today you will learn about some easy ways using which you can change the phone number of your Amazon account very easily.
As I told you earlier that to log in to Amazon you must have your old number or Gmail account, otherwise you will not be able to change your phone number in Amazon account.
If you have both your phone number and your Gmail ID and have forgotten your account password, then there is nothing to worry about. For this, we will first reset the Amazon account password, after that we will go to the Amazon account and change the phone number.
How to reset amazon password
It is very easy to reset the password of Amazon Account, to reset the password, we just have to follow some steps and the password of Amazon will be reset, let’s complete this step-by-step process.
- First of all, open the Amazon website in the browser of your phone or laptop.
- Click the Hello Sign-In button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click the “Need Help” option at the bottom of the sign-in page
- Click on “Forgot your password?”
“forgot password?” On click you will be redirected to a new page
- Enter your mobile number or email id and click on “Continue” button
By clicking on “Continue” button you will be redirected to a new page and an “OTP” will come in your phone, if you have entered your gmail id then “otp” will be sent to your gmail account.
And if you have entered your phone number there then “OTP” will be sent to the phone number.
- Enter “OTP” on the phone and click “Continue” again
As soon as you click on the “Continue” button, you will reach the “Create new password” page.
- Create a new password and click “Save Changes and Sign-in”.
Upon clicking “Save Changes and Sign-in”, your Amazon account password will be successfully reset and you will be redirected to another page.
On that new page your phone number or Gmail ID will appear pre-written and just below it there will be a button of “Continue” on which you have to click, as soon as you click on that button you will again come to a new page.
Now you have to enter your same password on that page which you had created some time ago. When you enter the password and click “Continue” at the bottom, again an “OTP” is sent to your number which you have to fill and click on “Sign-in”.
Now that you’re logged into your Amazon account, it’s time to change the phone number in Amazon. Let’s go through this step-by-step.
How to change phone number on amazon
If you have not already signed-in to Amazon on phone or computer, then you have to follow some of these steps initially:-
- Open your favorite browser on your computer or phone.
- Enter Amazon.com in the URL bar to visit the Amazon website.
- Select the Hello Sign-In link in the upper right corner of the page.
- From the drop-down menu presented, select the Sign-in button.
- Enter the mobile number or email ID in the blank field of “Email or mobile phone number” and click “Continue”.
- Enter your Amazon password. And click on Sign-in.
- A One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your phone number or email ID to authenticate your request. Enter OTP to verify “OTP” and click on continue button.
- Click on the Accounts and Lists option in the top right corner
Now several options will appear on the screen of your computer or phone, which have different functions,
but if you only want to change your phone number in Amazon account, then for this you have to choose one option from where your work will be done.
- Select the Login and Security option. (There you will get to see the complete details of your account)
- On the page of “Login & Security”, you will see the “Edit” button right in front of the option (Mobile Phone Number), click on it, after clicking on the Edit button you will reach the “Change Mobile Phone Number” page.
- When taken to the Change mobile phone number page, enter the mobile phone number associated with your Amazon account. Click Continue.
- You will get a Verification Required pop-up, which tells you that a One Time Password (OTP) in the form of a six-digit password will be sent to your mobile phone number for verification. Click OK.
- Enter the OTP in the space provided on the Verify Mobile Number page and click on the Verify button.
- You will then see a changed mobile phone number, which shows your old Amazon mobile phone number as well as your new Amazon mobile phone number. Enter your Amazon password in the space provided. Click Continue.
Congratulations. You have successfully changed your Amazon mobile phone number. A verification email will be sent to the email address associated with your Amazon account alerting you that your mobile phone information has been updated.
How to change email id in amazon app
The way to change mobile number and email id in Amazon is exactly the same, if you want to change email in your Amazon account, then it is very important to have the same email id or
phone number with which you have created your Amazon account, because without them you can Will not be able to log in to Amazon account.
And you know that without logging into the account you can neither change your mobile number nor email id.
If you have both your old email id and mobile number and you have forgotten the password of your amazon account and are not able to log in, then first of all you should read the article from the beginning where you will get about resetting the password of amazon. Has been reported .
And if you don’t have any such problem, you are already logged in to Amazon account, then follow below steps.
How to change email id in amazon account
- Click on “Account and List”
- Click on “Login & Security”
- On the “Login & Security” page, click on the “Edit” button right next to the email ID.
- Enter any of your new email id and click “Continue”
- Enter the six digit code received on your email ID in the “Enter OTP” box and click on “Continue”.
As soon as you enter “OTP” and click on “Continue”, you are redirected to a new page.
- Enter your old Amazon account password and click “Save Changes.”
That’s all you need to do to change the email id in your Amazon account, and your email will be updated successfully.
How to remove old phone number on amazon
If you want to remove phone number in Amazon account, then you have to add another mobile number in Amazon account, only then your old number will be removed from there.
In the top of this article you will get the complete details in short, you go to the top of the article and read the article completely, all your doubts will be cleared.